Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 06:44:35 -0700
From:      Thom Stevens <jafe@poboxes.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   completely lame happenings

Howdy,

I am pretty embarrassed even to have to ask and don't know where else to
turn for such a lame need.  I was working in a newly acquired machine
(without first having backed up the file system) and meant to change the
ownership on the sendmail configuration file but neglected to specify,
i.e.. 'chown user:group *', instead of 'chown user:group sendmail*'

I need to know the user and group ownership of the files (and
directories) in the /etc directory.

I am not sure it'll matter, but here is the version information.
FreeBSD 2.1.7-RELEASE (DELLPE)

If you can do an 'ls -la /etc' on a FreeBSD machine and mail me the
results, that'd be a big help.

Thanks,

Thom Stevens

Show: 1=2