Date:      Tue, 16 Feb 1999 13:34:10 -0800
From:      Nesi Unanaowo <nesi_unanaowo@net.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   /usr/ports question

Hi,
I have just reinstalled my OS (3.0) In the /usr/ports/print
directory for example there are packages that i would like to use
but these packages have not been properly installed even though
they are no longer in the compressed tar format.
How do I get these packages to install properly? Do I need to
reinstall the ports from the CD? An attempt to do a "make"
in the /usr/ports/print directory failed with error messages
suggesting that it did not find the appropriate packages in the
correct format. There was even a suggestion of manually
installing these packages into /usr/ports/disfiles directory which
right now is empty.
TIA
Nesi