Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 21:44:34 -0600
From:      Drew Sanford <drew@planetwe.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Promise ATA 100

<From the archives>

-- Dennis Ostrovsky wrote:
 > So I got a copy of 4.1.1-R in the hopes that it would detect my
 > ATA100 drive by default. I have an Asus A7V mobo. But it doesn't seem
 > to, since when I get to the install screen it says no drives found.
 > Sooo I'm wondering if there's some command line option when you go to
 > configure your devices which will enable this.
 > See my patch at

	http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=20834 It is beyond me why SOS
can't integrate that patch, all it does is to
add the proper ID for the inboard version of the Promise ATA100
chipset. I have been running (and booting) my system from ATA100 disks
for the last 2 months with my A7V mobo.

Gerd
</From the archives>

Has this been done yet (IE can I boot a 4.2 cd and install directly to a
drive on the ATA100 controler on an A7V) or are we still waiting on
something? I just thought I'd check before I download the ISO.

Drew Sanford
Systems Administrator
drew@planetwe.com
http://www.planetwe.com