Date:      Fri, 20 Aug 1999 18:33:54 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
To:        gallatin@cs.duke.edu
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cc -O broken in -current for Alpha KLDs

In article <14269.25728.498019.956479@grasshopper.cs.duke.edu>,
Andrew Gallatin  <gallatin@cs.duke.edu> wrote:

> I've just committed a patch to alpha/alpha/elf_machdep.c which takes
> into account the addends for objects of type R_ALPHA_GLOB_DAT.  This
> fixes my problem.  Should it be MFC'ed?

Nice work!  It looks right to me, not to mention that it now agrees
with what the dynamic linker does.  I think you should definitely
bring it into -stable.  For good form you might want to give it
another day or two in -current first.

John
  "No matter how cynical I get, I just can't keep up."        -- Nora Ephron