Date:      01 Feb 2001 18:59:51 +0300
From:      ilya@martynov.org
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org, kiri@kiri.toba-cmt.ac.jp
Subject:   Need advice on www/w3 port

Hi,

It seems that www/w3 port (web browser for emacs) is seriously
outdated. It uses very old version of w3 - 2.2.26 (latest version is
4.0pre.46) and requires old version of GNU emacs - 19.xx.

I've almost finished port of w3 based on its latest version. Probably
my work can be used to upgrade this port. The only problem is that
I've made it for emacs20.

Probably right decision is rename www/w3 to www/w3-emacs and make new
port named www/w3-emacs20 from my version of port.

What mantainer of www/w3 port and people on this list think about it?

--
Ilya Martynov
AGAVA Software Company, http://www.agava.com