Date:      Wed, 14 Oct 1998 15:47:21 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <axl@iafrica.com>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: syslog.conf comment about tabs

[ Moved to -current, this is certainly not security related ]

> It's a pity that, after all the discussion about syslog's
> differentiation between tabs and spaces, nothing was actually done about
> it. This is especially sad given that 3.0-RELEASE is about to be
                                        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> snapped.
  ^^^^^^^^

> When someone with commit privs has some time (does this sound like
> millenium hype? ;) it'd be great to see PR8162 making it into the
> repository.

Given that we're about to 'release' FreeBSD, a change that affects a
critical part of the system that is not a bugfix should never be
committed since it might break something.

It is being ignored *because* it's too late to commit a fix that isn't
necessary and has potentially 'huge' destablizing possibilities.

Nate