Date:      Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:25:20 -0500
From:      "Lawrence Hughes" <Lawrence.Hughes@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   D-link DFE-530 NIC on 2.2.8

I have a D-link DFE-530 10/100baseT NIC (PCI). Looks
great. Unfortunately FreeBSD 2.2.8 doesn't seem to
recognize it.

1. There appears to be some kind of support in 2.2.8 for
     the D-Link DE-530 - anyone know if there is any
     difference between that and the DFE-530?

2. Assuming DE-530 = DFE-530 (as far as the driver
    goes) do I need to do a kernel rebuild to use it? What
    files do I need, and where do I get them?

Best Buys (at least in Atlanta) has these NICs on sale for
$30 each. Quite a buy if FreeBSD can use them.

My machine is a fairly generic ASUS motherboard with
AMD K6-2 300MHz CPU, 64MB RAM. Works great with
a NE2000 compatible NIC (at 10Mbit).

Thanks for any input.