Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:06:35 -0800
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsd.org>
To:        Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>
Cc:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/74407: Please add us to the list of FreeBSD vendors on freebsd.org

On Fri, Nov 26, 2004 at 01:50:16PM +0000, Christian Brueffer wrote:
>  > www.cheeplinux.com is a UK based website selling the latest stable & cutt=
>  ing edge FreeBSD software. Orders are shipped same-day worldwide.
>  > >How-To-Repeat:
>  >      =20
>
>  I assume you want to be listet in 'CD and DVD Sets' section of the
>  'Obtaining FreeBSD' handbook appendix?
>  (http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/mirrors.html)
>
>  If so, please submit an entry similar to the other ones listed.

Should we at least be asking these companies what they are doing for
the FreeBSD Community?  Do we really want to support a company called
cheaplinux.com and dilute the mindshare of supporting FreeBSD vendors?
We never used to list companies like cheapbytes.com in the past, but
that seems to have changed in the past 2 years.  We no longer have a
single official vendor, but cheaplinux.com is no daemonnews or
freebsdmall.

Murray