Date:      Fri, 10 May 2002 11:32:40 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
To:        jfarmer@goldsword.com, setantae@submonkey.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: conf/11376 still suspended

On Fri, 10 May 2002 15:28:56 Ceri Davies said:

> It was announced on the front page of www.FreeBSD.org on May 1st, exactly
> the same day as it was put in place, exactly on schedule as set out in
> the release schedule at http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6R/schedule.html.
>
> Not too retrospective really.

So now we are to:
  1.) read -stable to know when items are fixed,
  2.) read -announce to know when "offical" releases happen,
  3.) Check the website frequently
  4.) and copy the schedule (which historically changes at the drop
      of a hat) to our planners AND keep checking it for changes...

I run -Release on my servers & am building a box to track -stable.
I read -stable and -announce (as stated as "you should" in the handbook)
to know what's working & what's not.  And even with all this, I was
surprised by the code-freeze.

So, if you are interested in getting a PR done but can't do the
work/commit yourself, how should you check on it?  Somehow, I don't
think e-mailing the lists/committers weekly will lead to success...

John