Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:28:58 -0500
From:      "Jon Charette" <jc@turbinegames.com>
To:        <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   upgrading from 2.1.5 to latest?

Hello,

I am taking over a sysadmin position here at my company.  Currently, my firewall
and main mail host are both running 2.1.5.  Obviously, these should be upgraded.

I'm very familiar with Linux, but have not used the FreeBSD upgrade system
before.

Where should I start?  Obviously, these machines cannot be down for very long.
How difficult is it to upgrade FreeBSD?

Any pointers on where to start are more than appreciated.

TIA,

-Jon.