Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 17:02:27 +0000
From:      "Danny Carroll" <dannycarroll@hotmail.com>
To:        ru@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPFW, natd and an internal FTP server.

>>rules dynamically.  I figured if it works for active clients, it must work
>>for passive servers?
>>
>Yes.

No....  At least it doens't for me.

> > Am I wrong in this assumption or have I screwed something up?
>So, you tried it and it did not work?  What's the FreeBSD version?

Yes, I tried it and it failed...  But I then tried active FTP out and I
could clearly see two wonderful new rules created right where I wanted them.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE straight from the ISO.

I can send the firewall rules but since punch_fw is working as an active
client, there is nothing there that would affect it.   I mean it's making
the control connection fine...

-D