Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 14:00:00 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   a chicken-egg problem with bootp and nfs_mountroot

Hi,

i think we have a chicken-egg problem with bootpc_init.

the code in autoconf decides what to mount as root depending on various
things including nfs_diskless_valid

nfs_diskless_valid is set to non-zero value by either the boot rom,
or by bootpc_init() (or by a config option BOOTP_NFSROOT, but that's
very annoying).

Unfortunately bootpc_init() is only called by nfs_mountroot(), which is a
bit too late since the decision has already been taken not to call
nfs_mountroot() !

Could we move the call to bootpc_init() earlier, e.g. in configure()
(file autoconf.c) ?

the function is passed a pointer to the nfs_diskless structure, and one
which is curproc ...

Any idea before i just test this ?

	cheers
	luigi