Date:      Thu, 1 May 2014 21:26:24 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Sophoklis Goumas <olspookishmagus@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: enough already ..

On Thu, 1 May 2014 22:00:43 +0300, Sophoklis Goumas wrote:
> What will sending the full headers of the offending messages'
> to the list's postmaster trigger?
>
> Isn't the postmaster already receiving those?

No. The messages in question are being sent to individuals.
They are not sent to the list, and not _by_ the list, if I
understand the situation correctly. The target addresses have
been harvested from "outside the list", probably a "web copy"
of the list (either the one generated by FreeBSD or one of
its mirrors). It's not sure if the addresses got harvested
from published headers (such as From:, To: or Cc:) or from
message content itself (for example reply headers many MUAs
are generating).

Of course it _may_ be possible that the postmaster has been
receiving the one or other piece of spam in case he has been
addressed directly, but as the postmaster usually doesn't
participate in the discussions on a daily basis, I think it
is not the case.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany