Date:      Thu, 01 May 2014 20:33:11 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg: delay on repository for precompiled binaries?

--xER4fR4ushMUgqITmqhPHctHQ3BsuGFFS

On 01/05/2014 19:06, Jeff Tipton wrote:
> On 05/01/2014 20:56, Walter Hurry wrote:
>> Obviously enough, there is a time lag between a port being updated and=

>> the corresponding binary being made available in the official pkg
>> repositories.
>>
>> Can anyone advise what this lag is likely to be? Is there a weekly upd=
ate
>> or some such?

> I usually find new packages on Saturday mornings. But I don't know if
> there is any official announcement regarding that. In the first
> announcement, Wenesdays were mentioned, though:
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-announce/2013-October/001510=
=2Ehtml

There's a weekly pkg build run that starts by taking a cut of the ports
tree on a Wednesday.  It generally takes several days to complete, so
new packages available on the following Saturday is about right.
However, the new packages are published as soon as they are ready to go;
there's no guarantee of exactly when that will be.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.