Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 10:13:08 -0400
From:      Sam Carleton <scarleton@miltonstreet.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   backing up a remote machine

The FreeBSD machine that I have setup is now sitting in a server room
that I do not have access to.  It is running a small domain.  How should
I go about backing up the machine on a regular basis?  I do have other
UNIX machines that have tape drives.  Is the best thing to tar the files
up and send them over to the tape drive on the other machine via ssh?
Or is there a better way?  What files should I be backing up for
sendmail?  Anyone know if there is something special I need to do to
backup MySQL databases?

Sam