Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:50:59 +0100
From:      "Mahmoud Chilali" <mchilali@nettoll.com>
To:        "Joss Roots" <osiris2002@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Is it posssible for someone to FREEZE FreeBSD over TCP-IP Network ?

This is most probably a hang of the X server. I experienced this many times
(and not only with FreeBSD). TMost of the tim, even the CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't
work and the only
thing to do is the OFF button. sometimes however (but this is a
hardware/BIOS thing), even this doesn't
work and the only way is to "deinvent" electricity by unplugging the PC...

The problem is that X11 "uses" all input devices, and that if it has a
"serious" problem, then you
can't do anything using your keybard, mouse or screen (you can do many
things, but these do not solve
the problem the way you want) since they ar prisoners to that "user-friendly
stuff". seems like people
using graphical systems have to pay the ease of use (I'd rather believe that
efforts have to be made
to solve problems, but heh, this requires time, efforts and many othe
things...).