Date:      Fri, 11 Oct 2002 22:10:41 -0400
From:      Bryan Berch <ridefree@charterpa.net>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel crashes during boot

Kevin Oberman wrote:

>>>After cvsup on 10/10/02, I get the same error after reboot to make
>>>installworld.
>>>

>This was first reported several hours ago. Looks like something did not
>get committed in a timely manner.
>
>In any case, the two people to report it this morning did another
>cvsup and it was fine. My system, updated at about 10:00 (-7) this
>morning, was fine. The problem systems had run cvsup about an hour to 2
>hours earlier.
>
>R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
>Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
>Ernest O. Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Berkeley Lab)
>E-mail: oberman@es.net			Phone: +1 510 486-8634

>with "unsubscribe freebsd-stable" in the body of the message

After re-cvsuping everything goes well to reboot to make installworld.
 The reboot fails with the following error:eisa0: <EISA>  bus

Fatal trap 12:  Page fault while in kernel mode
fault virtual address       =0x0
fault code                          =supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer         =0x8:0xc0372d40
stack pointer                    =0x10:0xc0535f1c
frame pointer                  =0x10:0xc0535f24
code segment                   =base 0x0, limit 0xffff, type 0x1b
                                            =DPL 0, pres 1, def 32 1, gran 1
processor eflags               =interrupt enable, resume IOPL = 0
current process                = 0 (swapper)
interrupt mask                 = net tty bio cam
kernel: type 12 trap, code=0
stopped at nexus_print_all_resources+0x14: cmpl    $0,0(%esi)

TIA
Bryan