Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:28:51 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        Nevermind <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
Cc:        Martin Blapp <mb@imp.ch>, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/31581: editors/staroffice52 cannot be installed on 4.4-STABLE

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 11:11:26AM +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 10:56:08AM +0200, Nevermind wrote:

> > > Aehm. That means you've never run  the installation program ! The
> > > staroffice installation has a GUI.
> > >
> > > So allow with "xhost +localhost" that the display can open on your
> > > user X-Desktop, and then set the DISPLAY Variable like
> > > "export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0".
> > >
> > > The you will see the installation and a userinstallation will also
> > > find the setup binary ...
> > If I understood correct, I should do the following steps:
> > cd /usr/ports/editors/staroffice52
> > 1: make
> > 2: make install
> > 3: <out_of_X>
> > 4: xhost +localhost
> > 5: export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> > 6: make install-user
> > 7: </out_of_X>
>
> Not really.  From a look at the staroffice52 port Makefile, it seems
> that you need something more like:
>
> Out of X:
>
> 1. make
> 2. xhost +localhost
> 3. export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
> 4. make install
> 5. make install-user

A small correction: "out of X" here means that you are executing these
commands from a console.  You STILL have to have an X server running,
because the 'install' target invokes an X application which *has*
to run under X.

G'luck,
Peter

--
This sentence would be seven words long if it were six words shorter.