Date:      Fri, 18 Feb 2000 20:07:16 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        "Reginald S. Perry" <reggie@lambdawerks.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing linux_base 6.1

> I am currently having a problem installing linux_base, both the port and the
> package on -current. I used to lurk to discover these problems by browsing
> the mailing list, but they are down. :-(
>
> I just cvsupped and rebuilt the world today and it still fails. Here are the
> messages:

Yes, I've seen this also.  For some reason, either the linux_base
package or pkg_add is broken here, and I'm tending to suspect the
latter at this point since there shouldn't be any attempt to cd to
/compat, nowhere in the packing list does it say to do that.  Methinks
a buffer is overflowing somewhere.

- Jordan