Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:34:57 -0400
From:      Bob <bob@tania.servebbs.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Escaping From

Hi:

 I am running a new install of FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE-p10 and went through the
entire buildworld process. So I know this system is up to date as of a few
days ago. This is a fairly new install replacing Linux.

 My MTA is Sendmail and I configured it with procmail as the delivery agent.

 Here is what I wish to do:

 I want to escape all ^From lines in the body of all inbound messages, with a
">" making them read >From.

 I wish to do this by editing the proper M4/MC file.

I have read the faqs, and the install manual. I even have Oreilly's 1000+ page
Sendmail book! I can not find a reference anywhere to what I want to do.
Either I am not recognizing it or it's not there? Should I be looking at
procmail piping to sed 's/^From/>From' ?? I shouldn't have to do that.

 I can swear I did this with sendmail on a Linux box some years ago.

 Can someone point me to right place, or give me a hint?

TIA
Bob