Date:      Mon, 14 Jul 1997 12:20:34 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tim Vanderhoek <tim@ppp6596.on.sympatico.ca>
To:        m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co
Cc:        Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: My opinion about freebsd (fwd)

On Sat, 12 Jul 1997, Pedro Giffuni wrote:

> IMO, FreeBSD and the GNU systems will win over M$ on the long run:
> mercenaries just can't beat organizations that don't depend on
> Big-Bucks(TM) :-).

Which reminds me of an ad for MS backoffice which I just saw
(actually, the ad reminded me of the message, but who's counting?
;).  "Did someone say scalability?" ... [suggests MS is more
scalable than UNIX] ...  "For as little as 1/3 the price of UNIX"
(which dollar signs floating around).

It's amazing that they can get away with stuff like that...  Their
goal seems not so much to draw customers away from UNIX as it is to
influence people who have experience with neither...  IMHO...