Date:      Tue, 8 Dec 1998 09:31:39 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        pdesai@wins.hrl.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: atm protocol support for freeBSD 3.0

>  any atm instructions says " ATM Protocol support not installed"
>  how do i install the ATM Protocol?

see /sys/i386/conf/LINT on the following thing you need to add to
the kernel configuration, then make, install and boot new kernel:

options         ATM_CORE                #core ATM protocol family
options         ATM_IP                  #IP over ATM support

at least and usually one of the following:

options         ATM_SIGPVC              #SIGPVC signalling manager
options         ATM_SPANS               #SPANS signalling manager
options         ATM_UNI                 #UNI signalling manager

and a ATM device driver:

device          hea0                    #Efficient ENI-155p ATM PCI
device          hfa0                    #FORE PCA-200E ATM PCI

>  How do i do that. After that I want to install harp for ATM. from where
>  can i get the instructions.

look in /usr/share/examples/atm for instructions.

--mark.