Date:      Fri, 2 May 2014 09:00:01 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichsfreebsdlist@alogt.com>
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        Sophoklis Goumas <olspookishmagus@gmail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: enough already ..

Hi,

On Thu, 1 May 2014 21:26:24 +0200
Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 May 2014 22:00:43 +0300, Sophoklis Goumas wrote:
> > What will sending the full headers of the offending messages'
> > to the list's postmaster trigger?
> >
> > Isn't the postmaster already receiving those?
>
> No. The messages in question are being sent to individuals.
> They are not sent to the list, and not _by_ the list, if I

this makes filtering them so easy if you have an extra account for
this list. Of course, private mails send to this address also go into
the spam box.

> understand the situation correctly. The target addresses have
> been harvested from "outside the list", probably a "web copy"

No, it must be from the list itself. I even have the impression that
the sending is triggered manually as only a very low percentage of
mails result in spam. The moment a thread is selected, I get for every
response to this threat a single spam-mail.

Erich