Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 1996 02:43:51 +1100 (EST)
From:      michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
To:        dutchman@spase.nl (Kees Jan Koster)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Failing reboot.

Kees Jan Koster writes:

> My system won't reboot. When I press any key at the message

> "Press any key to reboot..."

> Nothing happens.

> Looking into the code I see that my sweet prince is put to sleep the
> hard way, but he doesn't wake up anymore.

You are in a twisty little maze of vnodes ..

 .. xyzzy

Nothing happens

 .. plugh

Nothing happens

 .. <sigh>

Seriously, there are two possibilities .. some BIOS implementations have a
setting which is marked "keyboard controller reset" and simply bouncing that
to the other setting fixes the problem. The other is that you might try
recompiling your kernel with the BROKEN_KEYBOARD_RESET option (as documented
in LINT),

	michael