Date:      Wed, 3 May 2006 13:11:24 +0000
From:      Alexey Dokuchaev <danfe@FreeBSD.org>
To:        ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting iBook G3, wanna try FreeBSD on it

Hello there,

While my iBook travels to me, I'd like to ask couple of questions
regarding running FreeBSD-CURRENT on it.

First, what is preferred way of resizing Mac OS X partition?  I've heard
about parted (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=89960), maybe
there's something else, or some culprits I should be aware of?

Second, what is current state of ADB keyboard/trackpad support?  I know
they don't work yet, but since I'm considering to implement this missing
functionality, I'd like to avoid doing work others might already have
done, even if it's far from being finished ATM.  So if someone has
files/CVS repo, may I take a took at those?

Third, what are current problems that need to be taken care of for this
port to get Tier-1 status, aside from making ports compile and run
without issues?  ;-)  I've got pretty inspired by how well Ubuntu runs
on PowerPC Macs [*], so I thought I'd get one to see if FreeBSD can ever
compete.

Thanks!

./danfe

[*] http://osnews.com/story.php?news_id=13955