Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:00:40 -0800
From:      Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spontaneous reboot mystery

At 14:42 +1300 1/18/02, Juha Saarinen wrote:
>I have a remote server that has started rebooting itself for no apparent
>reason. It looks like a controlled shutdown:

I used to have a server that did that about every 3 days.  Take a
close look at /var/messages before each reboot.  Sometimes a message
will make it to the file before the crash and give you an indication
what the cause is.  Mine were always running out of mbufs.  Turning
off delayed acks solved it.
--
-- Doug