Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 18:38:56 +0100 (MET)
From:      Emmanuel Duros <eduros@chouette.inria.fr>
To:        erich@lodgenet.com
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, pplc@chouette.inria.fr
Subject:   Re: Pb using DMA - Physical addressing

Eric L. Hernes writes:

>>However I had to add another function in sys/i386/isa/isa.c which I
>>called isa_dmastart_blk() in order to support the block transfer
>>mode. Could this feature be added to future FreeBSD releases ?
>>(isa_dmastart() only support single and autoinitialize transfer mode)
>
>I haven't looked too closely, but is it possible to add it to the
>flags argument? I'd prefer that to another funciton.
>Something like `isa_dmastart(B_WRITE|DMA_BLOCK, .....);', maybe?

Definitely, I think it would only require at most 20 lines of code in
the isa_dmastart() function... I could post the hack if necessary.

I did write the isa_dmastart_blk() function in order to not interfere
with other device drivers, I have been rebooting my PC probably 100
times these last days !

Emmanuel