Date:      Sat, 30 Jul 2011 00:07:43 +0200
From:      Dick Hoogendijk <dick@nagual.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MC and snapshots

Op 29-7-2011 22:14, Daniel Staal schreef:
> On Fri, July 29, 2011 2:26 pm, Dick Hoogendijk wrote:
>> Can one of you tell me why it is not possible to browse .zfs directories
>> (from snapshots) with midnight commander? I'm running FreeBSD-8.2 w/ mc
>> from ports.
>> Manually switching to .zfs and it's subdirectories does show the
>> snapshotted files, but I would like to be able to browse them (its so
>> much easier).
> I know that the snapshots aren't mounted by default.  (And are
> mounted/unmounted on the fly if needed.)  That's probably part of it, at
> least.
>
> Have you tried setting the 'snapdir' property to 'visible'?  I don't know
> that would help, but it'd be worth trying.
I *can* go to the snapshots and see the files. I even can copy one or
more of them to the live system. However, the moment I try to do this
from within Midnight Commander I'm kicked out of the snapshot directory
right into the root of the live filesystem. That way not able to
manipulated snapshot files.