Date:      Thu, 23 May 1996 13:45:29 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Chris J. Layne" <coredump@nervosa.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: identd in /etc/inetd.conf?

On Thu, 23 May 1996, Greg Lehey wrote:

> I just ran into a problem with a connection on my local net:
>
> May 23 12:12:00 freebie inetd[390]: cannot execute /usr/local/sbin/identd: No such file or directory
> May 23 12:12:00 freebie inetd[108]: /usr/local/sbin/identd: exit status 0x100
>
> freebie is running 2.2-current, but the same problem would appear to
> exist on 2.1.  Seems that /etc/inetd.conf contains:
>
> ident	stream	tcp	wait	root	/usr/local/sbin/identd	identd -w -t120

Whoever manages the port of pidentd, this should be /usr/local/libexec,
NOT /usr/local/sbin. Identd is spawned by inetd, so therefore it should
be in /usr/local/libexec.

> Unfortunately, this file doesn't exist on my system, and locate
> doesn't show anything useful, not even in the CVS repository.  Am I
> missing something, or should this line be commented out?
> Greg

Get the port of pidentd in the ports dirs.

== Chris Layne ======================================== Nervosa Computing ==
== coredump@nervosa.com ================ http://www.nervosa.com/~coredump ==