Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:25:55 -0500
From:      <Abhinandan_Som@NAI.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   regarding SDR/VIC with FreeBSD

Hi,
I have this setup for mbone on a box with FreeBSD 4.8 where I have a =
Brooktree878 WinTV card and have installed the drivers properly and =
enabled the kernel to do multicast routing.

However, whenever I launch VIC through SDR and try to select the proper =
device for my video, it shows me "meteor" as one of the available =
devices and does not show the actual bt878 device. Everything works fine =
and it actually uses the bt878 card, but for some reason displays the =
meteor as the available device. What is the cause for this?

Thanks in advance
-abhi