Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:16:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Friedemann Becker <friedemann.becker@student.uni-tuebingen.de>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel binaries...

Hi,

I'm looking for a precompiled -current kernel because i totally messed up
my system and can't even compile a new one myself ;-)

I think, somewhere in the documentation is described, in which order to
do the "make world" installation process - escpecially installworld,
boot, installkernel - where do I have to look?

and a suggestion:
wouldn't it be better to backup all executables needed for the
installworld process and run them from the backup-directory, so the
original ones can be safely overwritten during the installation?

thanks in advance,
Friedemann