Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 17:55:59 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Jukka Ukkonen <jau@jau.csc.fi>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.com
Subject:   Re: POSIX.4 signals + other POSIX.4 stuff to FreeBSD...

Quoting Bruce Evans:

> >	containing such an array. I have now more or less figured out
> >	all these code fragments within the kernel itself, but it seems
> >	that also the Linux application binary interface etc. LKMs have
>
> More importantly, the size of a sigset_t is appart of the BSD binary
> interface.  The kernel would have to support variably-sized sigset_t's
> to support old binaries :-(.  There is no such thing as a variably-sized
> struct, and the current sigset_t doesn't encode its size, this isn't
> easy.

	Yes, I know. The old interface would have to remain for all those
	programs that have been compiled and linked with the old version.

	Cheers,
		// jau
------
  /    Jukka A. Ukkonen,       FUNET / Centre for Scientific Computing
 /__   M.Sc. (sw-eng & cs)           Tel:   (Home&Fax) +358-0-6215280
   /   Internet: ukkonen@csc.fi                 (Work) +358-0-4573208
  v    Internet: jau@funet.fi                 (Mobile) +358-400-606671