Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 15:33:49 -0400
From:      Caninet Administration <admin@caninet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   12 G hard drive and FreeBSD

Hello,

I have just started to use FreeBSD (have been using Digital Unix for about
4 years) and have installed it on PII 233 with 128M RAM. System is working
good, but I like to run a second news server on this machine and have just
got 4 BIGFOOT TX 12 G hard disks as well.

My problem is that I can't figure out how to let FreeBSD know that it is 12
G drives and not 8 G. I tried disklabel and editor, also have tried visual
configuration but nothing worked. I even tried to make two dos partitions
on one drive and FreeBSD is still showing only 8 G.

Why?

Does FreeBSD support 12 G or higher than 8 G IDE or SCSI?

I will appreciate any and all help.

Thanks.
Yours Truly,

Robert Patel