Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 09:38:11 +0000 ()
From:      Werner Griessl <croot@btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de>
To:        khetan@iafrica.com (Khetan Gajjar)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: setting up wu-ftpd

> On Thu, 4 Jul 1996, Werner Griessl wrote:
>
> >Hi Khetan,
>
> Hi!
>
> >I copied also statically linked executables to FTPHOME/bin/ and made a link
> >from FTPHOME/usr/bin to FTPHOME/bin .
>
> I didn't create the link. However, I've solved the problem, by setting
> the filters to /bin, which works fine (if the files are in /usr/ftp/bin).
>
> >I believe a anonymous user cannot accesss the shared libraries because the
> >chroot during the login via wu-ftp .
>
> Now I know this ;-)
>
> >I copied for you also the /usr/local/etc/ftp* - files to my ftp-server:
> >You can fetch them from "btp1da.phy.uni-bayreuth.de:/pub/FreeBSD/wu-ftp" .
>
> Thanks. What does the passwd-check trivial warn do ?

Checks the password to be a e-mail address ( a @ in it)
and will give you a message during login like this:

230-The response 'prmpf' is not valid
230-Next time please use your e-mail address as your password
230-        for example: joe@btp1x5.phy.uni-bayreuth.de

Look in the manual you can also change this to another behaviour
(e.g. close the connection in this case)

> >Hope this helps
>
> Very much so. Thanks for the info.
>
> >P.S.: in the moment all compressions work except the ".Z" .
> >      don't no why in the moment
>
> Mine seems to work.

Mine transfers Zero-files (completely empty)

> Regards,
> Khetan Gajjar.
>
> ---
> http://www.chain.iafrica.com/~khetan/