Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 1996 09:46:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rashid  Karimov <rashid@rk.ios.com>
To:        macneri@statcan.ca (Erin MacNeil)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ASUS P/I-P55TP4XEG, FreeBSD 2.1, And two Adaptech 2940's?

> 	Motherboard: P/I-P55TP4XEG
> 	Version: FreeBSD 2.1 (CDROM)
> 	Two Adaptech 2940 (PCI)
> 	1GB SCSI Disk
> 	Two 4GB SCSI Disk
>
> 	Will I need to add any magic to the kernel config file
> 	to use 2 SCSI controllers? (what do I add?)
>
> 	Do I have to do anything to configure the controller cards?
>
> 	Will I have any problems partitioning/labeling the disks
> 	when I do the install? (I'm kind of cheating because I've
> 	already tried and am having trouble labeling  the two
> 	4GB drives).

	You need to have a custom build kernel with two ahc* entries:
	ahc0
	ahc1

	In your place I would connect all HDs to the single controller,
	partition 'em , do the install , build the kernel and then reconnect
	the HDs in the way I wanted.

	May be there is a way to tell the kernel to get second ahc* ,
	but I doubt it

	Rashid