Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:24:53 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        vanilla@FreeBSD.ORG, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Default install of enlightenment violates Apple's copyrights and trademarks

--cxMSjUqMQBJIqbX5

On Thu, Feb 01, 2001 at 10:23:05AM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:
> You may or may not be aware of this already, but it appears that the
> default install of the Enlightenment port on FreeBSD violates a number of
> trademarks and copyrights belonging to Apple in the form of the "Aqua"=20
> theme.  It looks like, from reading the port Makefile, the Aqua theme is
> specifically added as a dist file, rather than it being part of the base
> enlightenment source.  Unless you have obtained specific permission to
> use, and redistribute, these materials, you are doing no one a favor,

I installed E from ports a few days ago and was wondering something
similar.. "Do they really distribute this with Enlightenment?".  In any
case, I would say "Aqua.etheme" needs to be removed from the port, or if
he did obtain permission from Apple then it needs to be noted in the
Makefile to avoid problems.  Whether or not he distributes it on his own
sites is his business; official FreeBSD sites should not be carrying it.
BTW, RESTRICTED doesn't cover this.  Either you got permission or you
didn't.

That said, the Aqua theme is pretty cool.  I can see myself using a Mac
running OS X sometime in the next year or so..  :-)

--=20
wca

--cxMSjUqMQBJIqbX5

--cxMSjUqMQBJIqbX5--