Date:      Tue, 21 Mar 2000 16:14:53 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@dc.ispro.net>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: why long filenames are gone ?

Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> I think my friend made the iso image with a windows program.
> I just thought when you make the iso image you get an exact copy
> of the cdrom. Is not it so?

I wouldn't trust a Windows program to to anything right. You *should*
get an exact copy, though I'm not quite sure how filenames and stuff
work on CDs, or what the maximum length of files in an ISO9660
filesystem is (I think RockRidge is to get over some limitations, Joliet
may be something similar).

If the CD was made with either rockridge or joliet stuff, it should work
OK. Both seem to work ok here. Perhaps you could ask your friend if he
had any control over either of these when making the image.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D