Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2001 11:43:37 -0400
From:      Chris <kingsqueak@kingsqueak.org>
To:        David Cerce <forbin@crosswinds.net>
Cc:        Jason Victor <sloppyj123@yahoo.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xircom Cardbus Ethernet support

I'm using an RBE-100 Xircom in obsd with a recent snapshot 3/25 of 2.8
installed, maybe you can muck with their driver to get it going.  I had
the identical 4.2 install difficulties with the card.
* David Cerce <forbin@crosswinds.net> [010405 09:25]:
> AFAIK, you have to go with 5.0-current for Cardbus support.  I recently had
> the same issue and did a little bit of searching through the freebsd-mobile
> mailing list for more information.  I was able to get the Xircom working
> pretty easily in 5.0-current.  I also had 4.2 install hang on me, for which
> I could not find a workaround other than removing the pccard.  IIRC, FreeBSD
> hung when I put the card back in until I recompiled the kernel without
> pccard support (there may be other quicker and easier fixes for this, it's
> just how I solved the problem).

  / //_(_)__  _http://www.kingsqueak.org _/ /__
            /___/      /_/GPG KEY finger
	    	      @daemon.kingsqueak.org