Date:      Sat, 15 May 2010 21:15:36 -0400
From:      Bob Hall <rjhjr0@gmail.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Question not found in FAQs or other documentation

On Sat, May 15, 2010 at 05:57:35PM -0400, jon wrote:
> To whom it concerns,
>
> I am a relatively basic/amateur computer user and I just noticed
> today that my "recent servers" lists "Free BSD".
>
> I do not knowingly connect to any outside servers and am concerned
> that any server has been connected to my computer.
>
> My question is: how can I prevent this server from ever connecting to
> my computer again? And anything else I can do to delete this server,
> this connection....

Out of curiosity, I looked in the "Recent Servers" list in a couple of
Macs that I have, and the only thing I could find were local file
servers. A server is a process that accepts requests for services.
Typically, they don't iniciate connections. As near as I can tell from
the Mac documentation, the "Recent Servers" list is a list of servers
that you've connected to, and nothing more.

I suggest clicking on the item in your "Recent Servers" list and finding
out what you connect to. If you have any further questions you should
post them in a Mac forum, since the question of which servers you've
been connected to really has nothing to do with the Free BSD operating
system.

Best of luck.