Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:35:17 -0600
From:      mike grommet <mgrommet@insolwwb.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Over my head. I need to route traffic out a particular ethernet card

I have an internet based web server running 3.0 which is working like a
top...

now, it needs to communicate with an NT server (probably with rumba) on a
network which is not internet reachable
in another part of the country.

Ok, so the basic idea (right??) is to put a direct ISDN line between this
and the other machine,
I assume I will have a non routeable ip number on the local and the remote
side, but how do
I make it so the rumba stuff knows to go out the 2nd ethernet port (ISDN)
and not the first? I assume I will need some sort of route specification,
could anyone provide examples for me...
I've never had to do thisl

I assume once I get the routing goodies in place, then I just access it like
any other IP.
I just have to be certain that the data going out the "secure" line isnt
broadcast in any form out of the public internet line...

Mike Grommet
Unix Systems Adminstrator
Internet Solutions, Inc.
mgrommet@insolwwb.net