Date:      Thu, 5 Sep 1996 20:26:29 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mikebo@tellabs.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        mikebo (Mike Borowiec)
Subject:   Anyone ported xlockmore-3.7 ?

I downloaded xlockmore-3.7 from MITs X11R6.1 contrib section...
I followed the instructions and ran xmkmf, make depend and make.
The package built with nary a warning, but once I lock the screen,
I can't get it to take either my or root's password.

I'm sure this is a simple problem to fix, and probably has something
to do with the fact that there are no encrypted passwords in the
/etc/passwd file. Has anyone ported this version of xlock to FreeBSD
2.1.5 or know an easy fix? BTW, I'm running the DES encryption package...

Seems like xlockmore-2.11 is the latest one in the packages section.
Woefully out of date...
- Mike
Michael Borowiec   -   mikebo@tellabs.com   -   Tellabs Operations, Inc.
Senior Member of Technical Staff                4951 Indiana Avenue, MS 63
630-512-8211  FAX: 630-512-7099                 Lisle, IL  60532  USA