Date:      Wed, 27 Jul 2005 08:39:36 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Bakul Shah <bakul@BitBlocks.com>
Cc:        bmah@freebsd.org, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Audio CD archiving

--=-4odzbLRa5c69ehB8+pb3

If memory serves me right, Bakul Shah wrote:
> Are there decent tools under freebsd for archiving audio CDs?

[snip]

> I suppose one can write a script that rips a CD and looksup
> CDDB based on the disk ID but surely *someone* must have done
> this?!

I don't completely understand your requirements, but I've been happy
with audio/abcde from the Ports Collection for ripping my CDs.  It does
CDDB lookup and lets you edit the results if you don't like them (useful
for fixing typos in CDDB entries).  I haven't tried the FLAC
output...I've only ripped to OGG and MP3.

Bruce.

--=-4odzbLRa5c69ehB8+pb3

--=-4odzbLRa5c69ehB8+pb3--