Date:      Sat, 23 Feb 2008 16:50:02 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        peterjeremy@optushome.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, mwm-keyword-freebsdhackers2.e313df@mired.org
Subject:   Re: find -lname and -ilname implemented

In message: <20080223220620.GH34425@server.vk2pj.dyndns.org>
            Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy@optushome.com.au> writes:
: At the same, time, the find(1) man page needs to clearly distinguish
: between the parts of find that are POSIX-complaint, the parts that are
: GNU extensions and the parts that are [Free]BSD extensions.  This is
: necessary so that when I'm developing tools, I can avoid non-portable
: extensions (unlike whoever developed the scripts Warner is trying to
: use).  If the FreeBSD project does not make it clear what functionality
: is safe to rely on then we run the risk of falling into the Linux trap
: where people write bash scripts because they believe it is the standard.

All the GNU extensions were flagged as such when I committed the man
page updates.  However, if I missed one or two, or if there's other
extensions to posix that aren't tagged as such, I'll be happy to do
the leg work to tag them better in the man page.

Warner