Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 1998 20:06:37 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Damien DIXSAUT <damien@cristal.cristal.asso.fr>
To:        teahen_r@cis.baker.edu (Roy Teahen)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C905B-TX, 3C90X, NIC and vx driver

> I guess I spoke too soon.  The cards will be found during the probe
> and the vx driver will be loaded but once I configure the network
> card the system will hang.  The card will not communicate with the vx

   Ah ah... So, I'm not the only one having this problem.

   FYI, since my last message about this problem, I have tried
many things, including plugging the card in another machine and
installing a brand new FreeBSD 2.2.6 on it, and I still get
the same hang problem.

   I tend to believe that the vx driver works whith 3C905 chips but
not whith 3C905B chips.

   After all, maybe 3COM had a good reason to change the device number ?

   Now I guess we just have to wait until an updated version of the
driver comes out.

---
Damien DIXSAUT
Computer science student