Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2002 12:29:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Walt Pawley <walt@wump.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   replacing the Boot Manager

Having a working system I'd rather not destroy and not being smart enough
to know what's going on in detail, I'd like to know whether one can replace
(or reconfigure) the Boot Manager on a driver without affecting that
drive's other contents. All the references I can find only describe things
from the point of view of starting out.

Specifically, I foolishly put a Boot Manager on the drive and now I'd
rather not have it interfering with the computer booting automatically.

Walt Pawley <walt@wump.org>                        <http://www.wump.org>;
  Wump Research, 676 River Bend Road, Roseburg, OR 97470    541 672 8975
       Editor of ABCC's The RoseByter - <http://www.TheABCC.org>;
For Oregon's best varietal wines see <http://www.sorcom.com/~finewine>;