Date:      Tue, 05 Dec 2000 11:32:47 -0500
From:      trini0 <trini0@optonline.net>
To:        joskis <joskis@xxx.lt>, FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: freebsd 4.2 & ipfilter

Im still a newbie, but here goes......

joskis wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have a error, when loading rules for ipfilter:
> ---
> host#  ipf -Fa -f /etc/ipf.rules
> 1:ioctl(add/insert rule): No such process

make sure ipfil, ipauth, ipnat & ipstat are in /dev

> ---
>
> ipfilter is compiled into kernel.
> after that, i test ipfilter:
> ---
> host# ipstat -i -o
> ---

"ipfstat"

> and rules seems to be added.
> why ipfilter shows this message? and how fix it?

The only other thing I could think of is that your security level is set to
high.
Reconfigure /etc/rc.conf and uncomment out kern_securitylevel &
kern_securitylevel_enable.  Reboot and try the ipf command again.

> and plius, the kernel options: ipdivert & ipstealth are for ipfirewall or
> for ipfilter also?

They are for ipfirewall only......

> thanks,
> joskis