Date:      Thu, 3 May 2001 18:27:53 -0700
From:      Jason DiCioccio <geniusj@bluenugget.net>
To:        Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mem Use

On Thu, May 03, 2001 at 05:28:18PM -0700, Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group wrote:
> All this talk of memory utilisation reminds me to ask, are there any
> plans to implement directio (Solaris UFS and VxFS have it)?
>
> Any plans to implement priority paging, e.g. not cache files in memory
> when memory is tight to reduce demand for paging?

	I'm not sure what you mean here.. Priority paging is already implemented
I thought..  For example, if I have 20M Buff or 20M Cache and memory gets tight,
it will realloc the memory in cache/buff in my experience (perhaps not all of
it but a very big portion of it).. Is this what you mean?  Or am I perhaps
missing what you're saying? :-)

Cheers,
-JD-