Date:      Thu, 04 Jan 1996 22:51:30 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Jon Loeliger <jdl@jdl.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: UPS

: if there was a notion of actually supporting any one brand
: or another or interface or what not.  Hmm.  Actually, can
: someone point me to where to look so I can do my initial
: homework?  You know, so I can learn to even ask the right
: questions?

The village settled on the Best Fortress UPS (their 1500VA model).
We're quite happy with it and have written a simple powerd that will
log events that happen on the UPS.  We plan on expanding it to include
a finger or www interface so we can see how the village is doing while
the villagers are away from their homes, say, at work.  We had to make
a special cable for the DB-9 that is on there to get data, rather than
just binary on-off stuff.

Anyway, is anybody interested in this sort of thing?

Warner