Date:      Wed, 7 Feb 2001 15:51:19 -0700
From:      "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@kdm.org>
To:        Tom Samplonius <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tags and the mly driver

On Mon, Feb 05, 2001 at 19:28:24 -0800, Tom Samplonius wrote:

> > >   "camcontrol tags da0 -N 4" increases the number openings.  I can even
> > > see that actually working a bit, as dev_active is > 1 when repeatedly
> > > checking with camcontrol.  However, shortly there after, the mly driver
> > > hangs.
> >
> > That shouldn't be possible.  What version of FreeBSD are you using?
>
>   4.2-STABLE as of a week or so ago.

Okay, here's something to try.  Boot with -v, and see if you get any tagged
openings messages after you issue the 'camcontrol tags da0 -N 4' command.

If you do, then for some reason the inquiry data for the RAID array is
reporting that it can do tagged queueing, despite the fact that dmesg
doesn't show it.

If you don't see those messages, then I don't see how you're seeing more
than one tag in the output of 'camcontrol tags da0 -v'.

Ken
--
Kenneth Merry
ken@kdm.org