Date:      Sat, 02 Jul 2005 04:43:47 +0200
From:      Dan Lukes <dan@obluda.cz>
To:        Yar Tikhiy <yar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/81978: [ PATCH ] if_vlan didn't pass the ALLMULTI to the parent interface

> 	The 'if_detach' of if.c should notify the ip_mroute module about
> destroying of interface so ip_mroute code can safely deinitialize
> interface and remove references to it from it's internal structures.
>
> 	We need something similar to carp_ifdetach(ifp) function of carp module which is called from if_detach.

	BTW, if_detach invoke the ifnet_departure_event event. So we can
register for this event to be informed about interface detach.

	I submitted separate PR for this. See i386/82882 (unfortunatelly i type
incorrect category - it should be kern/82882 of course)

						Dan

--
Dan Lukes                                   SISAL MFF UK
AKA: dan@obluda.cz, dan@freebsd.cz,dan@kolej.mff.cuni.cz